COVID – 19 UPDATE
Dear Valued Patients, Friends and Family
The entire team of Dr. Bills hopes this letter finds you and your family in good health. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding regarding our temporary office closure intended to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We are pleased to announce the reopening of our office effective Monday, June 8th 2020. Our preventative (Hygiene) program is anticipated to begin scheduling after June 18th.
We will continue to follow all guidelines, including the Governor’s mandates and, the PA Dept of Health. We have always followed all of the CDC (Center for Disease Control) and OSHA guidelines. These guidelines are being updated and could potentially determine when we are able to see you.
When it is time for your next appointment, you will see some interim changes along with our already meticulous infection control protocols. For example:
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 before their reserved appointment.
- Upon arrival, we ask patients to wait in their car and then call us for re-screening.
- Check out will be from your phone in your car.
- Anyone entering the building will be asked to wear a mask. If you are a patient the mask will remain on the entire time, except during the actual time your mouth is open and receiving treatment time.
- Upon entry, we will use a non – contact forehead thermometer to check your temperature. If over 99.5 we will reschedule you.
- We ask that you do not bring other family members to your appointment unless they are also receiving treatment or are needed to provide you with transportation or assistance. Our waiting room is closed for now.
- When entering the office, we will ask you to wash your hands. Hand sanitizer is located throughout the office as well.
- Once our reception area is open the chairs will be spaced apart 6 feet.
- We ask that you continue social distancing in all common areas.
- We will no longer offer magazines or children’s toys in our reception area to prevent the spread of pathogens.
- This is one of the hardest changes for us, we have always enjoyed spending time with our patients, but, we ask that you avoid physical contact with others such as hand-shaking, hugging, or sharing non-treatment related items. Our front office contact with you will be very brief and not at our normal social level.
- We ask that patients do not bring any food or drink items into the practice. Please bring as little into the office as possible.
- All patients are required to wear eye protection during treatment; we do provide disinfected protective eyewear.
- All of our team members have received extra training in order to make our dental practice and the way you will be treated as safe as possible.
- A new check in/update forms/check out system is being instituted that will assist with patient contact, virtual patient forms and email billing. We will be contacting all patients to verify contact information for this transition.
- Expect the office temperature to be very cool, please consider bringing your own light jacket.
- We have added several layers to increase the quality of the air in our building. We have improved our ventilation system, added individual HEPA air filters to each operatory and added aerosol reduction systems.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Dentistry in general are the experts at infection control and the management of aerosols. Our protocols have consistently made the care you receive in our office both safe and comfortable.
We have always been committed to maintaining OSHA and CDC infection control guidelines and will ensure all team members have the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
We realize that some patients will have been impacted financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are offering some solutions to keep dental care affordable for your family. We are pleased to offer third-party financing through Care Credit. We also have our Oral Health Savings Plan for patients without dental insurance.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients in the safest way possible.
Dr. Bill Baldassano and Team